TU-8600S is Playing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Itʻs not quite finished but itʻs at the point to test listen. Itʻs all stock. Itʻs the Lundahl version and I was surprised it came with both the stock and Lundahl OPTʻs, so I built it with the stock OPTʻs to get a feel for the sound before installing Lundahlʻs. All voltages were very close. First listen it was a bit harsh sounding but after about 20 minutes it started sounding really good and after about an hour it moved into my "best amplifier ever" category. Iʻm hearing things Iʻve never heard from very familiar albums that Iʻve listening to for years. It also came with the ALPS volume pot and thereʻs a big imbalance issue with that that I need to resolve. For now Iʻm using the TU-8500 to control the volume. Hopefully this weekend I can fix that.

Bottom line = Outstanding, wonderful sound and dead quiet. Iʻm very pleased!

Attachments

• IMG_3841.jpg
    IMG_3841.jpg
    981.2 KB · Views: 158
Thx for your input. I am considering the 8600s but without any of the upgrades, due to the high costs. Please keep us posted on your experience once you swap in the Lundahls - everything I have read indicate there is some improvement but not night and not day and to me it just does not justify the huge cost for it. Are you using the stock resistors?

Thx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.