Does anyone have specs for the Anarchy-558?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Hello,

Looking for information on the Anarchy-558,

- T/S Specs
- Frequency response graph
- Physical dimensions

I emailed the company two years ago asking for this info, and their response was that it going to be posted "soon". I emailed again recently and received a similar answer.

This begs the question, why try so hard to buy something the company does not seem interested in selling. Good Point. But the 7xx series are well reviewed and I would like a similar 5'ish woofer in that price range.

Anyone?

Thank you,

David.

Look at post #9 in this thread on the PETT forum: LINK. This author calls it the Anarchy 150, but it's what is now called the Anarchy 558.

It's too bad that Erich at diysoundgroup didn't respond. He's really a good guy. He does have a full time job and only runs diysoundgroup in his spare time to benefit DIYers. I doubt he makes much (if any) profit on it.

Amplifying DATS 3? Line input wave synth.

Just got dats two weeks ago. Its a really cool custom oscillation for audio. Really amazing that now so long ago you needed a desk full of equipment and more than a extra magnitude on dollars to achieve the same functionality.

I really like the wave synth but it is really low power. What about sunning into a "speaker input amp", and use it to generate waves. Patrick, you were mentioning before that due to the low output the Qts were a little bit too high if I recall correctly. Would amplification solve that issue?

Any thoughts of feasibility of the dats 3 becoming a line input wave generator?

Last edited:
It would probably break it. I've broken a WT2 and a WT3 by hooking them up wrong.

Basically if you connect them to any kind of power source they die. And what always happens to me is that I'll be busy measuring a speaker, will inevitably hook something up wrong, run a sweep through what I *think* is my speaker that turns out to be my woofer tester, and POOF it dies.

I have the new DATS arriving tomorrow. The new one fixes the issue described in my post, about it not being able to do a good measurement of any woofer that's low efficiency. (The new one is the one that's in an aluminum case; the old one was a plastic USB dongle.)

The new DATS has a higher output voltage.

Hi,

sorry for the little Off.T. but to read that other people have/had the same problems or just say,...reminding trouble not to hook dats to an amp or power source, is quiet reassuring. Did break mine twice but it was always the same issue...fried the small amplifier chip on the circut board.
So if you've got this kind off problem, it mostly is because of a burned amp chip on the dats, sometimes you can see it on the ic because of the burn marks.

But, its possible to desolder and to put on a new ic, to put it up running again. Its an texas instruments TPA6111A2DR which you can find for a few bucks.

So dont throw away a broken dats, mostly the die of these broken ic, which costs a fraction of a new dats.
But solder and desolder only with steady hands :-D, thats why a broke my in the end (third time) and switched to v3...

Cheers Swany

chart

anarchy impedance.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.