What would you do with Six B&G Neo3-PDR tweeters in array?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My latest ebay purchase is six Neo3 tweeter array in curved steel frame, with passive crossover designed around 1.5khz 24dB/octave, obviously from a custom speaker project.

I did not realize they were so curved when I bought them, but I assume they should still be used standing vertically. DC resistance measures at 5.2 Ohms.
I am brainstorming ideas to integrate these Neo3 arrays with my dual 8" bass units, which currently sound awesome crossed over to Radian 475PB compression drivers at 1kHz/18dB via Bryston active crossover. The horn setup actually sounds fantastic, but this was an impulse buy. For now, I'm trying to play with alternative presentation, but I may consider just adding the Neo3 as (super)tweeters if that doesn't work out.

When I thought they were straight, I was going to just mount them on some wood panels and stand them up on top of my woofer modules, but since they are so curved, I may need to devise some sort of steel tubing contraption with help of a machine shop. Any good ideas would be greatly helpful :D

0430202008 by drjlo2, on Flickr

0430202016 by drjlo2, on Flickr

0430202030 by drjlo2, on Flickr

You are one lucky fellow who is going to have great sound. I've long thought that tweeter power requirement is not met. Some big brief peaks in music like women's choirs and if you unmask those peaks, sounds great. Before going ESL, I used a 9 tweeter array of fried egg drivers.

Instead of invoking line-source theories, just mount them as I am sure intended: as a horizontal array to fill your room in a natural way.

B.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.