switchable tone circuit gain increase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here is a switchable tone circuit schem i mapped out,

im trying to let more signal through to the next gain stage.

dont want to messing with the rg 500k because there is already more than enough gain for the pre/ instrument in socket that will be added.

am thinking to swap out r1 and r2 the 460k & 33k for a 500k pot to set the gain then replace with fixed resistors again once i have the values.

im wondering if the large old style pots will handle the voltage of about 130vdc measured at the circuit in or weather it will fry?

and if trying to adjust these resistors, r1 and r2 for more signal gain will also effect the tone networks from functioning properly?

Attachments

• IMG_5450[1].jpg
    IMG_5450[1].jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 91
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The circuit as drawn is AC coupled at each end and so DC voltage will not make it through to any of the components making up the tone section.

Changing time constants (your pot idea) is bound to alter the response but I would say just try it and experiment and see if you can get the results you want.

havent changed circuit and tested yet, thinking just to lower the value of r1 and hopefully it wont change the sound.
swapping out r1 & r2 for a three terminal 500k pot as a voltage divider gave the best results.
it works very well along with the master volume settings. will leave the 500k pot as a permanent control.

changing just value of only r1 only gave good sound quality at a few settings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.