Aleph P MK II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Picture

MK2

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 701
Hello,

apparently you already own this piece of equipment. I would contact PL with the serial number as stated above.

ECHO ON
GERMAN

"Hallo,

es scheint Du besitzt den Vorverstärker schon, ich würde einfach mal PL mit der Seriennummer kontaktieren wie bereits vorgeschlagen.

ECHO OFF

Regards / Gruß

Max

I think it is nothing to be worry about.

It is a Rev1.7.

Rev 1.0 look more like in the attached Picture.

In the Service Manual are 2 Mainboards shown. Maybe MK1 & MK2
They differ in some Resistors, diodes and a cap.
Probably the difference is marginal.
The Preamp part of the PCB look mostly equal.

Attachments

• AlephP 1.0 inside.jpg
    AlephP 1.0 inside.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 504
I think it is nothing to be worry about.

It is a Rev1.7.

Rev 1.0 look more like in the attached Picture.

In the Service Manual are 2 Mainboards shown. Maybe MK1 & MK2
They differ in some Resistors, diodes and a cap.
Probably the difference is marginal.
The Preamp part of the PCB look mostly equal.

Very interesting picture. The TO3 IRF244 parts are all marked 3.70. I assume that this is a matched quad that all have exactly Vgs = 3.70 at their operating current in the preamp. They may also have the same transconductance at that Vgs.

I suspect that producing matched quads requires a large population of devices to choose from.

Wo ist denn das Problem? Kannst du nicht schlafen wenn du nicht weist ob es ein Rev1.7 oder Rev.1.7 MK2 ist? Bist du unzufrieden mit dem Pre?

Wenn das angehängte Bild deiner ist, dann ist es auf jeden Fall das neuere Modell welches von vielen bevorzugt wird.
Solltest du damit unzufrieden sein, machst mir nen guten Preis vielleicht kann ich ja sowas gebrauchen.

Wenn du in deutsch antwortest bitte auch die englische Übersetzung dazu is ja ein internationales Forum.

For the english People -> my poor Translation

Whats the Problem? Do you cannot sleep when you dont know if it is an Rev1.7 or an Rev.1.7 MK2? Are you not satisfied with the Pre?

If the Picture you attached is your Pre, than it is the newer Model. Which many would prefer.
If you be not satisfied with your Aleph P, make me a good Price maybe i could use it

If you answer in german please with the english Translation, it is an international Forum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.