Bad News

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

I'm from Chile (South America), here do not sell quality components, so we can only import from USA or Europe.

Today the Tweeters arrived for my project (In use the value is about US $ 390) but adding the cost of transportation, handling, import and taxes I ended up paying US $ 700.
Unfortunately they came broken (the 2), and I can hardly regain some of my money.

( the Tweeter Transducer Lab)

B6F.jpg

This kind of product should always be manufactured with protective grill mesh. There is something you can do about it in case returning the items is out of the question. Take the screws out and pull the dome/voice coil assembly out, then push the domes carefully from inside. It's probably a self centering part. Good luck!

Last edited:
It looks like this wouldn't happen if the packaging were any good. I'd suggest you contact the distributor and TL, explain them your situation and ask them for free recone kit + shipping. That seems to me like the only fair thing to do. I'm sure that TL and the distributor can learn from this situation.

Then you can find a good loudspeakers service at your country to repair the tweeters.

Hello.

I'm from Chile (South America), here do not sell quality components, so we can only import from USA or Europe.

Today the Tweeters arrived for my project (In use the value is about US $ 390) but adding the cost of transportation, handling, import and taxes I ended up paying US $ 700.
Unfortunately they came broken (the 2), and I can hardly regain some of my money.

( the Tweeter Transducer Lab)

B6F.jpg

Joined 2000
Paid Member
That's a shame. I've seen this happen before.

If you cannot return the tweeters, maybe you can try to fix them.
Please note that the following could make things worse.

I had the same thing happen to a titanium tweeter, but mine were not expensive, so try this at your own risk. It worked good enough and the tweeter worked fine afterwards.

I used gum. Sticky chewing gum. Placed it on the dome and pulled out the dome slowly and carefully.

Today there's something called Blu-Tack. It looks like a blue putty that sticks to things, but does not leave a glue behind. It's used to mount light things to walls or to hold things in place.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...qmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7dthihwql0_e

Other thing you can try is disassemble the tweeter and remove the dome and coil assembly. Then carefully with a finger, push out the crushed dome.

Hopefully someone else has a better idea. If not, and if they are a total loss to you, try the above.

Good Luck!

Vince

If you are going to touch them be sure to wear chemicals-grade nitrile gloves. Latex gloves might get damaged by the metal and you can never be sure enough.

I even go as far as wearing electrician's precision gloves when picking up a speaker wire with a potential 60v on it.

Hi neighbor! I'm in Argentine, Buenos Aires more precisely. It appears that here in SA we are "at the oven".

Some time ago I bought a book in Amazon, that never arrived. Later, I try buying 8 compactron tubes from USA, never I had them at hand. I believed that those things only happened in my Argentina.

My sincere salutation from the other side of the mountains ;-)

First of all if i had spent $700 and the goods arrived damaged i would be emailing endlessly and demanding replacements or refunds especially if as someone mentioned they were sent without the normal protection included .
If returning is not an option and with nothing to lose try the suck as jan suggests but using a vacuum cleaner with a tube of the correct size attached .
I have successfully pulled dust caps out this way a number of times but whether it would work for your tweeters i don't know .
Use a low suction at first if you can and gradually increase . Good luck.

Hi neighbor! I'm in Argentine, Buenos Aires more precisely. It appears that here in SA we are "at the oven".

Some time ago I bought a book in Amazon, that never arrived. Later, I try buying 8 compactron tubes from USA, never I had them at hand. I believed that those things only happened in my Argentina.

My sincere salutation from the other side of the mountains ;-)

Definitivamente sudamerica no es buen lugar para se DIY

Mis saludos cordiales

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.