6p3p tube amplifier kit
Our partner developed a high quality low cost 6P3P SE kit for DIYers,
Features and spec:
5Z4P tube rectifier
6P3P power amplifier
Output Power 7Wx2
Load: 4Ohm or 8Ohm
Silkscreen stainless steel + wood enclosure
Power supply transformer 260v*2 6.3v 5v 3.15v*2
Output transformer 3.5k: 4 8 *2
Power supply choke coil 5H*1
Enclosure foot *4
RCA connector for input *2
Output connector *6
Power jack *1
Power cable *1
Power switch *1
Voice knob *1
Shuguang 5z4p new in stock *1
Shuguang 6n1 new in stock *1
Shuguang 6p3p new in stock *2
8Pin tube socket *3
9pin tube socket *1
Shielded cable 30cm
Soldering cable 3m
3mm 4mm screw 16set each
Instruction Manual 1
6P3P Single Ended Tube Amplifier Kit
110V and 220V are both available
Price: $136 for retail. PM for multiple orders or group buy. Package weight about 9-10kg, the more the order, the lower average shipping cost.
An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.
1. Assemble valve socket, audio input socket, audio output socket, power socket and power switch.
2. Install power transformer and output transformer.
3. Check assorted resistor and capacitor .Test whether audio input socket, audio output socket, power socket, power switch, power transformer and output transformer are shorted with chassis.
4. Connect valve filament line of power transformer and output transformer with relevant sockets.
5. Install resistor and capacitor of power-amplifier after installation of resistor and capacitor of preamplifier.
6. After soldering, check whether each solder point and connection of circuit is the same with graphic expression in electrical schematic diagram.
7. Test whether the voltage of power output and valve filament is right. (It is normal that no-load voltage is higher.)
8. Plug in rectifying tube, and then check whether power is the same with graphic expression in electrical schematic diagram. (It is normal that no-load voltage is higher.)
9. Check whether complete machine connects with valve socket. (It is normal that no-load voltage is higher.)
10. Plug in power amplifier when voltage of valve filament is right. Check whether cathode voltage is the same with graphic expression in electrical schematic diagram.
11. Then plug in preamplifier valve, and test whether working point is familiar with graphic expression in electrical schematic diagram. If it is ok, signal can be inputted to test the sound.
These amps seem pretty nice and easy to be made for a newbie like me.
I hope the package from you, quickly arrived.
I am curious about the sound when paired with my uFonken.
Thank you for your order. Hope it won't take too long for the box to arrive. These amps has great sound with proper wiring. Please feel free to let me know if any question.
Marks of transformer
The power transformer are marked with Chinese. Here's a picture that marked with color dot for the cables, for your reference.
Are the 6P3P tubes equivalent to the 6L6's?
Yes it can be replaced with 6n3c, 6L6, 5881, KT66, EL34 without (or with minor) modifications The sound can be improved with EL34 and KT66 as my experience. Haven't tried other tubes yet. 6L6 should have the same sound quality with 6P3P.
A lot of kits are ready for shipping
A lot of kits are ready for shipping
Very important notice
I discussed with a Denmark customer all night long about his 6P3P kit. He finished soldering the kit but the speaker is crazy shouting. At first I told him to check all the connections, groundings and values of components. He worked for a few hours and sure that everything is OK, but the amp is still shouting.
Finally I realized that the problem may be caused by the feedback loop. Maybe he wiring the wrong polarize of the transformer. I asked him about the polarise of the output transformer, he seems to be very surprising: "Does that important?" OK, you can imagine what happens next. Now his amp is working perfect.
Well, the polarize of the output transformer does matter, or the negative feedback will become positive and the speaker will shouting.
There're marks on the transformer which marked with P, B, 0, 4Ω, 8Ω, and the color are red, blue, black, yellow, green. P must be connected to plate of 6P3P, B connected to power supply, 0 connected to ground, 8Ω to feedback resistors. Please take special care when you are building your amps.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 AM.|
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 17.65%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio