Editing delay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When you want to edit your own message, often, if you take some time to write, you have a message about delay expired. Too bad. Ok, if you want a delay, but it would be better on the edit link (disappear after a while, if you really want a delay), with no delay for editing.

A suggestion, too: On my personal forum, i have a feature which permit to select the parts of the message you want to quote. And allow multi quotes from multiple messages (in javascript). Took-me 10mn to write this....

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Esperado, so you mean that as long as you start editing before the 30 minutes you should be able to save if you go past 30 minutes before saving?

we do have a multiquote feature :) see the attachment below: if you click on the "+ beside the quote button on multiple messages and then click quote on one of them, you will get all of those messages quoted in the new reply that pops up :)

Tony.

Attachments

• multiquote.png
    multiquote.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 59
Hi Esperado, so you mean that as long as you start editing before the 30 minutes you should be able to save if you go past 30 minutes before saving?
Tony.
Thank-you for your answer, wintermute.
Yes, it is a little boring, when you have spend 5 or 10 minutes to edit a post to lost your work with the message "The administrator does not allow... after 30mn...".

See what i mean, if you can't, you can't, but as long you have began working on something it has, OMHO to go to the end.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.