Low noise PSU for XO Clock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I put a thread in "digital" forum "I used a cheap cheap clock" showing the result of using a very cheap clock in my aging Pioneer T-07A CD player. A number of recommendations show that I can improve the performance by modifying the power supply. Since I am a novice in electronics who is only able to use a solder iron, can anyone provide me with a circuit for a low noise PSU for XO clock?

Spec:
Current: below 100mA
Voltage: +5V

Thank you

Sunsun22 said:
I put a thread in "digital" forum "I used a cheap cheap clock" showing the result of using a very cheap clock in my aging Pioneer T-07A CD player. A number of recommendations show that I can improve the performance by modifying the power supply. Since I am a novice in electronics who is only able to use a solder iron, can anyone provide me with a circuit for a low noise PSU for XO clock?

Spec:
Current: below 100mA
Voltage: +5V

Thank you

http://www3.sympatico.ca/add.automation/spice/ripple.htm

Yes, I went through this link before but I don't know where to start. As mentioned, I am only a novice.

Questions:

1. Does it mean the Complimentary Follower circuit is the best one?
2. The voltage drop in complimentaqry follower circuit is 1.5V. Does it mean I feed 6.5V to the circuit and I can expect 5V out?
3. Do I need regulation before the complimentary follwer circuit?

Thank you

Attachments

• xocircuit.gif
    xocircuit.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 398
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.