Dual Rail regulator.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,
I am very new to this and trying to put together a dual rail power supply to power Raspberry PI and Hifiberry Digi Pro.
I purchased 4.17uV Ultralow noise DAC power supply regulator 3.3V/5V 1Ax2 from Diyinkh.com ( 4.17uV Ultralow noise DAC power supply regulator 3.3V/5V 1Ax2 - DIYINHK ) and a Talema 70050K 2x7V transformer ( 70050K Talema Group LLC | Transformers | DigiKey ) from Digikey.

I like to use one rail 3.3V for Raspberry and the other 5V to power the HifiBerry Digi-Pro.

Can I use this single transformer in parallel (7V 1.2A each) to power the dual rail regulator (using secondaries seperately)?

Appreciate the knowledge.

Joined 2011
Can I use this single transformer in parallel (7V 1.2A each) to power the dual
rail regulator (using secondaries seperately)?

It appears that the two regulators are electrically separate, and have no common connection.
If that is so, then each supply circuit can be powered by one secondary that is full wave rectified
and filtered, like this: Solid State Power Amplifier Supply Part 2
The two grounds must be connected together somewhere, as shown in the schematic.

Last edited:
Dual Rail Regulator

Yes, that would be the best point for them to be connected.

Thank you so much for the information. I drew a simple schematics (attached) on how to hook the Talema 70050K transformer to the dual rail regulator. Can you check? And let me know if there anything else I need to add for possible ground loop?

Attachments

• powerSupply.jpg
    powerSupply.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 197
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.