Need a 12vdc 2.5a linear power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, I have a piece of stereo equipment that uses an external power supply. the spec on it says output 12v dc and 2.5 amps. it's a cheapo little switching power supply. i'd like to replace it with a linear transformer type.

all the off-the-shelf 12vdc linear transformer type supplies i can find only go up to about 1.5 amps max. larger than 1.5 amps, and they all seem to be switching. :(

does anyone know of a source for something like this? i see plenty of aftermarket hifi linear transformer power supplies (for example, as an upgrade to logitech squeezebox) but they all seem to be made for 5v or 9v output, i dont see any with 12v output.

any ideas are appreciated. i'm not savvy enough to build this myself. thank you

I would put a request in at the vendors bazaar on diyaudio.com and ask someone within the US to build you a linear power supply.

or you could wait here, or make another thread entitled "please make me a linear 12v psu"

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with nothing but transformers sitting on their shelves who could build you one for some cash.

Vendor's Bazaar - diyAudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.