Low noise Regulated +-12v supply?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

Im in need of a regulated supply for ICE-Power Class D amplifier modules.

Specfications are that it needs to be 12V Positiv and Negative.
They need to be able to hold a current of about 1A to be safe and be as low noise as possible.

So the question really is. What is todays best voltage regulator in terms of noise that can handle the terms above?

//Gregor

hello.
how many modules do you want to run with the power supply -(power consumption)?
annother suggestion:
that kind of discrete regulators n. pass uses are low noise . have a look at the zen amp regulators and at the aleph p 1.7 preamp reg. or so.................
greetings..................

I am going to run 2 modules. Acording to the dataseet the powerconsumtion is about 250mA per module. So im thinking of just safing and going for 1A.

I earlier today received some regulators from Linear, LT1086 fixed at 12V. I was using the 7812/7912 before but the noise what pretty pronounced when i turned the amplifier on and had nothing connected to it. The LT1086 made the amplifier a lot quieter. So im guessing that this regulator is quieter than the 7XXX i was using.

The only strange thing now is that when i turn my preamp on. The noise is louder than it was before. :(
But in contrast to that i do feel that the sound has become a lot richer in detailt. Might this possible? Or am i just imagining it?

Im guessing the lower noise from the regulator made the ICE-power module more sensitive on inputs :confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.