• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

First build ever: Pensil 10.2 - in solid oak

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 drivers, but I listen in mono (1 speaker) since experimenting with ambiophonics. But it may be time to go back to stereo (I'll try when 12's arrive).

I like the dual onken for his son (listens to rock), especially since I've played with dual drivers before. And 280cm2 is more are than an 8" (and no nasty whizzer).

Norman

Had a minor beaktrough just now: I was struggling with the bass reproduction and was starting to wonder if I made a mistake by putting the vents at the rear. The strange thing was that while standing, the bass would be muddy and bloated, but sitting down would cause the bass to be too weak. The culprit: The new salon table with granite table top... Putting two big cushions on it solved the issue completely :) The bass is now nicely balaced, sitting down or standing up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.