Procuring 5 micron aluminum foil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've seen several people on here with 5 micron alum foil... and I was wondering where you got it?

also if any one has any left over that would be just fantastic....Paul W? I know you had a roll of 5 micron 1" ribbon alum.... if you had... say 6-10 inches left I would be willing to buy it at a premium...

if not what about 6 micron foil?

I bought the 5 micron foil from a guy who apparently, years ago, had inside contacts at a film/foil cap manufacturer. I still have a little, but not for sale. (I will send you some if you shoot me an email with your name and address: pnwright3 at yahoo dot com.) I'm on a plane to Japan first thing tomorrow morning so it will be later next week before I can mail it.

For the short lengths you're looking for, I believe there are some small sheets available somewhere on the Internet...McMaster???
Hint: Do your protos with thicker foil until you get a feel for it... "cheapo" kitchen foil for starters. A little sprinkle of baby powder on your hands helps prevent damage.

Wings WTW project

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Paul W said:
I bought the 5 micron foil from a guy who apparently, years ago, had inside contacts at a film/foil cap manufacturer. I still have a little, but not for sale. (I will send you some if you shoot me an email with your name and address: pnwright3 at yahoo dot com.) I'm on a plane to Japan first thing tomorrow morning so it will be later next week before I can mail it.

For the short lengths you're looking for, I believe there are some small sheets available somewhere on the Internet...McMaster???
Hint: Do your protos with thicker foil until you get a feel for it... "cheapo" kitchen foil for starters. A little sprinkle of baby powder on your hands helps prevent damage.

Wings WTW project

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

great suggestions... I'll send you the email... if you could send me... 6 inches that's more than enough...

otherwise I might have to buy some foil caps .... the baby powder is a good suggestion thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.