Quad esl 57 hard match

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, I bought this pair completely refurbished of esl 57 they played great one week and then the nightmare begun...one still perfect, dead silent when powered on without music, but the other one click, pops, frrr coming from a bass panel so I decided to replace that panel, shipping back and forth and then installed new panel worked good one day, and then here we go, same click, pop and frrr from the same place even the panel is new, and now just to complete the situation a frrr came up on some bass frequency on the oher bass panel, same speaker. Please help. Many Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I bought this pair completely refurbished of esl 57 they played great one week and then the nightmare begun...one still perfect, dead silent when powered on without music, but the other one click, pops, frrr coming from a bass panel so I decided to replace that panel, shipping back and forth and then installed new panel worked good one day, and then here we go, same click, pop and frrr from the same place even the panel is new, and now just to complete the situation a frrr came up on some bass frequency on the oher bass panel, same speaker. Please help. Many Thanks.
Hope you don't mind me asking. Who did the refurbish? That word is, sorry to say, so often misused in relation the electrostatic speakers. I understand when you don't want to reveal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.