.7 Magnepan crossover schematic and mods

The dilema is I have RELs and they have high input feature who works the best! So an line level active crossover would solve the priblem easy but then I have to move away from the RELs connection!
But this maybe the best way to do it as the RELs will get only low signals filtered from active cross over....
Anyway have you a good active crossover in mind to do the task?

Account Closed
Joined 2001
They don't provide schematics any longer, and I haven't seen a 0.7 schematic posted anywhere. But you have the speakers, yes? Simply follow the components/wiring and draw one yourself.

Regardless, a schematic won't help you with bass response modification. You should do that at line-level.

Dave.

Last edited:
I have figured out the crossover schematic so my Q is how to modify it for biamping?
Its a series crossover + woofer bypassed with 100uF following 1R resistor bypassed with fuse followed tweeter - (minus) side bypassed with an 0.4mH inductor - the cap and the inducor are series connected.

Hmmm after evaluation I thinks as many suggested a line crossover is the best way! This high line high pass filter crossover from partsexpress has huge el. capacitors in front, I think you will do more harm than good...Other aproach could also be an active bi amping system some power amps have build in dsp function. Here is the question how to change the original crossover any idea? First of all I need to desolder the 4 ribbon wires and measure DC resistance of the two ribbons.

Account Closed
Joined 2001
You shouldn't need to do any de-soldering. The Magnepan transducer connections are made with standard male/female disconnects. (0.187" or 0.205")
The whole crossover assembly can be electrically undone by removing four connections in each speaker.

Dave.