Carver AL-iii plus mods and other info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have only recently been into audio for a litte less than a year and a half. I sold my klipsch chorus I completely renewed(all mods you could think of and reveneered) and have recently bought a pair of these Carver AL-iii plus. I just wanted to make a post to see other's thoughts on the speakers and mods that are possible. Ive read a weak link is the inductors but was wondering if updating the caps would also be a good idea as well. Also, any good advice on placment? It is my first time having a dipole speaker(and ribbons) and I've read that placement and room treatment is important. Just messing around, I drapped towels over the back of them and I actually heard quite a difference in clarity of the ribbon. I dont want to compramise the soundstage with absorbtion though and have read possibly diffusion is the route to go behind the speakers.

Thanks for reading and any comments!
(other speaker I have at the moment are JBL4311)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.