Future Acoustat Spectra 44 Mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
I recently acquired a pair of Spectra 33s, so I am considering (after retirement) mating them with a set of Spectra 44s, to make either 66s or 88s. At this point I am not considering the room size, but just possibility of completing the project. My current room is 23x15. So here are my questions: Can the extra panel be added to the 2146 interfaces or would I need the two additional interfaces from the 33s? Would it be better to find a pair of 6600 interfaces? Would 4 separates amps be required? Since the larger speakers are easier to drive, I might be able to get by with my Carver Lightstar. There is still a lot of things I am sorting through in my mind such as the panels arrangements; how many for highs, mids, and bass. Like I said, this is just a dream so far and I'm just gathering info to help me decide if I want to tackle such a project. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Calvin

I have been using a pair of DIY Spectra 44s using the 2123 interfaces for over a year. I changed the resistors out to match the 2146 boards. Everything works as it should. However, there is bass exaggeration. Some where in the 14db range from 160hz to 38 hz. While this could be influence by the room, the frequency range is much wider then any of the other Acoustats I've owned over the years. I am overall happier with these than the 2+2's.

well, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. I don't believe the 33s and 44s use the same panels, since the 33s are 5ft tall. So is it correct to assume that the only way to get a complete spectra system is to use panels only from 44s or 66s? Is there any disadvantages to using non spectra panels? Just trying to really understand all the possibilities.

Spectra panels are all 9" X 45" the bottom of the 22's and 33's are wooden risers

Attachments

• spectra 22 bottoms.jpg
    spectra 22 bottoms.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 87
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.