quad ESL 63 no output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I have a pair of quads that I rebuilt the panels in. They had been in service for several weeks when I noticed one was shutting down at 10 watts. After reading everything I could online about the clamp board I changed the 1000mf cap. (C28) now i have nothing. OK not noting but I can faintly hear audio but its like i'm not driving the step-up transformers. Next I removed T1 (DT2800B) and TR1( D2N6489) and lifted D11 and D12. I'm at a loss why am I not getting any output from this speaker... Protect board is M12418-9 if that helps.... update the blue wires to the clamp board were swapped it works now

Last edited:
panel drive

I'm sure I had plenty of drive to the panels, but it works better if it's 180* out of phase. The small amount of sound I was getting shows how little unbalance there is in the transformers, and by association the the differences in panel spacing.
What I was hearing was only mid to high frequency's and at a very low level.. Maybe 5-10 watts in for an output that was barely audible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.