Any Love for the KLH 9's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got an opportunity to pick up four KLH 9's. I don't know a lot about them, but from what little I've seen of the guts, they don't look too impressive. Is there a market for them, or enough of them out there to make learning how to fix them worthwhile?

I have enough business fixing quads, but I hate to see speakers like the 9's just go to waste. But honestly, even if I were to get them and fix them, I'll still use my Quad 2912's. I have to eat my own dogfood. I did a bit of web searching looking for someone like me but who specializes in the KLH's/Janzens and I didn't find a whole lot.

Thoughts?

Sheldon
quadesl.com

You might check with David JansZen. I know he had been working on refurbishing and upgrading the KLH Nines.
JansZen Electrostatic Speakers Home | KLH/JansZen Nine
JansZen Electrostatic Speakers Home | Nine-J Details
JansZen Electrostatic Speakers Home | DIY

That's good to hear that someone is working on them and keeping them alive. I have my hands full with Quad repairs, but I didn't want to see them slip into obscurity.

It's probably simplistic and short-sighted, but the fact that there isn't a lot of hysteria around them (like there is over Quads), indicates that it may not be that amazing of a speaker.

I'll ask the guy who has them what he's planning to do with them, if he's tossing them out, I'll try to find them some homes. They are currently in Rhode Island.

Sheldon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.