Hv bias cable question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
Is there any specification needed for the hi voltage wires that connects to the stator & panel film ? I've been getting great results with Duelund 16awg wires as speakers wires as well as speaker internal cabling. Thinking if I could replace the stock Hv wires in my Ml speaker to Duelund 16 awg.

Thks

Well yes wire can make a diff sound....Matin logan uses the KIMBER KABLE
Not becase it a the best Teflon high voltage wire, thats needed it the Name people no....thay did the same with there frist wire, Monster it was not even Teflon...funny...well to me anyway its in my CLSs so big it well just fit in the hole that gose to the box
The wire I like for the Bias feed...is a real 10kv Teflon wire 22-24ga...tined or silver stranded not solid.... not just copper...biger the wire rolls off the top...well to me.
smaller wire sounds vary good an gives a better top end...the stock ML Kimber sound good... that's the blue an black just not the red

All just one mans finding...have fun...good luck

Last edited:
well you not going to pull the red Kimber off right at the panel are u...if you put the Kimber from the bias to the red panel wire ….it well work..but it size of the wire...big give to much mid an bass...the bias wire is the one that makes the biges diff...
I tried diff wire with the blue an black ...change sound but always go back to the Kimber...funny

Oh pull the 3 Kimber wires a part ….this sound better to me

Last edited:
Yes Tyu, I will pull the Red wire. Lol cause on my last repair I soldered the wire onto the
copper charge strip. I think the Red wire will have far more influence on the sound then the blue & black which are soldered onto the front & back stator. Right now I’ve enough highs already. Do you happen to know what gauge are the stock Kimber wires ?

Thks again

It way to stiff....for a bias wire...but you know it KIMBER...18ga i think..it been 40 years.... I been pulling,changing wires with ESLs...I think Kim , only raded for 1kvolts....hehe....my frist pr of Acoustat I put 16ga on my tube servos amp to the panels... to get them out from the back of the X box...I new the amps were getting to much feedback....did no then but that 16ga copper, speaker wire was rolling the top end down...
with diff wire on the bias...not more top, with the 22 ga diff wire on the ML it better….well to me....have fun

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.