AMT Tweeter - Design Considerations?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

So I've been scouring the web for various bits and pieces on how to design an AMT...though it's been difficult to find information in regards to what makes an AMT "tick," so to speak (Not all that much in direct answers, just vague redirects...)

As such, I'm curious as to what factors go into the actual design of an AMT - such as membrane area (width+height), materials used, strength of the magnets, determining/altering the sensitivity of the tweeter, etc. and how they all converge to create the sum (Seeing as how I understand, relatively, how one would go about the design of a traditional cone transducer, the design of an AMT eludes me...)

But I'll digress, any additional information you guys feel might relevant is always welcome

Much love and many thanks in advance for your guys' thoughts and time

I'll be developing a tweeter AMT for SLAM!, not from scratch though as the motor is almost given.

What are your design objectives?
Frequency response, SPL? Dispersion?
Cost?

What facilities do you have? Do you think that you can make a membrane?
You might need a cutter like the Silhouette.

Do you plan to make your own motor design?
I can help you with FEMM so it can be simulated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.