Recapping Carver AL-III crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking suggestion which parts to update. In particular, I am thinking about converting the AL-III to AL-III-Plus as the AL-III-Plus sounds better to me. I attribute the reason to those adjustable pots.

Since I bought it used, I can't justify exotic parts that cost more than the speakers themselves :eek: But if you look at the original parts in the picture, it is hard to find any parts not a couple notches better.

Thanks!!

Oops, forgot the attachment, sorry.

Attachments

• AL-III.jpg
    AL-III.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 333
  • AL-III-Plus.jpg
    AL-III-Plus.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 251
  • AL-III Xover.jpg
    AL-III Xover.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 247
I can't give you the exact details, but I would contact Tom Zurcher of Vintage Hi-Fi of Pittsburgh and talk to him. I used to have a pair of AL-III Plus's. He rebuilt the crossover and it sounded better than any other AL-III I have ever heard. The website is Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh, Home Audio Sales and Repair

He's a nightmare to get ahold of, but once you get him on the phone, it'll be worth it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.