Dayton wright parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have the following Dayton Wright electrostatic speakers and parts.

1 pair XG -8 MK 111 cells only - work fine

1 pair XG 8 MK 111 cells only ( bad cell or two)

1 pair XG 10 MK 1 cells - rosewood and linen - rose wood stands
With IM 11 interface- working well

1 pair XG 10 MK 1 cells only ( bad cell or two)

1 pair XG 10 mk2 cells only ( bad cell or two)

1 pair Dayton wright subs ( need new woofers - Foam deteriorated)

Tank SF 6 gas and Accutrol regulator.

2 IM 10 interfaces stripped. To rebuild as a hot rodded pair a- needs 2 high voltage step ups than are available.

6 of 39 lb Dayton wright step - up transformers (4 are for the IM10s)

Spare high voltage cables, plastic to recover entire speakers etc, .

There's 1200 lbs of the parts above in 4 BIG boxes ready for a transport truck to move them. This is not UPS shipping - This is BIG, I can arrange trucking.

If your into building a double pair or an electrotrostatic tinker / experimenter there's a total of 100 electrostatic cells here and lots of parts .

There is 1 complete interface the IM 11 and 2 of IM 10 that need to be rebuilt.

This isn't for the novice...

Open to offers for part or all - preference for someone interested in all.

XM-10II Parts

I corresponded to you about 3 mo. ago regarding my XM-11. I've re-built the HV supply and the system is back up and running. However, I have discovered that two of the individual panels in one of the XM-10II's are dead. Are you interested in selling individual panels as these are easy to ship? I do understand they are a bugger to remove. Please let me know your disposition on this. Mark

I corresponded to you about 3 mo. ago regarding my XM-11. I've re-built the HV supply and the system is back up and running. However, I have discovered that two of the individual panels in one of the XM-10II's are dead. Are you interested in selling individual panels as these are easy to ship? I do understand they are a bugger to remove. Please let me know your disposition on this. Mark

I'd love to learn how to rebuild Dayton-Wright cells with holes in the diaphragms and/or other faults. Mike Wright sold me a case of surplus cells some time ago, in various states of decrepitude. Anybody with a link or other guidance?

After you've seen the way the Dayton-Wright gear is made (sort of like MIL-Spec), most other ESL speakers that I've seen really look like amateur builds made in a garage. Therefore, if you start with Dayton-Wright cells, you are starting with solid stuff.

I bought stuff from ticknpop and recommend him to others.

Ben

Appreciate the offer. If I wasn't on the other side of the continent I'd be most interested, but shipping / pickup cost would be prohibitive. FYI, found another guy in Ohio who might be able to repair bad cells ... eslrepair.com. Anyone had any experience with this company?

Well..... might as well start with a conventional fault tree.

Are the amps OK... often they are the weak link. Plug in any old cone speaker. (Take care, amps will often play a bit even if elements of the output stage are blown.)

Do you have tools to measure voltages or watts output? $12 (or 8.9135 euros*) at local bargain store.

There are fuses on the XG "interface" box: two for channels and one for bias, if I recall.

And so on.

Ben
*that's a Canadian joke about "hard" metrification.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.