Apogee diva cone driver conversion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I require some assistance with line array cone drivers to match the Apogee diva midrange and tweeter. I have one good bass panel and one that needs to replaced due to the fact that there is no installer in South Africa it would be very costly to send to Auz and then back to SA. I will have to wait until such time there is a local installer to repair the other bass panel.

For now I have to go with what I have which is 4 x HiVi D6.8 7” drivers and 4 x 9” Morel Drivers my plan is to go line array 4 per side morels on the top and bottom & HiVi in the middle. I am considering doing open baffle as opposed to sealed vented boxes. Should go more like a Genises Can anybody offer some input?

Account Closed
Joined 2001
Remove the bass ribbons and mount your drivers directly into that area? Your plan seems workable to me.
You will probably require some electronic EQ once you have the drivers installed and the response characterised.

My plan with my Duetta II's is much the same. In fact, I'm already started on the project. :)

This should be a considered repair procedure for all Apogee's in the future since the "factory" bass ribbon replacement is horrendously expensive and the logistics extensive.

Cheers,

Dave.

Last edited:
Hi

I have since added MGIIIA bass panels with my apogee diva midrange and tweeter panel and all I can say is wow it really works well together. The crossover was a little tricky but I eventually got it. I listened to some ML Summit x this week I honestly felt my combo beat it easy but its always subjective. Im driving them with a Yamaha MX-D1 Class D Power amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.