MG3 Ribon tweeter spare - burned

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes...
I burned my Magnepan MG3 tweeter. Glued it with conductive glue and an aluminium foil, but the result is ot so good. Makes 'Brrrzzzz' in the medium, highs ... :(
And the Magnepan service never answers to my phone calls.

Who shall I email or phone to get a new ribbon, or even a complete tweeter ?

Thanks,
Mathieu

Yes...
I burned my Magnepan MG3 tweeter. Glued it with conductive glue and an aluminium foil, but the result is ot so good. Makes 'Brrrzzzz' in the medium, highs ... :(
And the Magnepan service never answers to my phone calls.

Who shall I email or phone to get a new ribbon, or even a complete tweeter ?

Thanks,
Mathieu

That is no good, Mathieu. :( But, no, "repairing" a broken ribbon won't work.

The Australian distributor for Maggies offers a repair service - there must be a European distributor for Maggies, if not a French one? Can you Google this?

Were you ringing Magnepan in the US (+1 (651) 426-1645) when you say they don't answer your phone call? Remember, there's a time difference between France and the mid-West.

Regards,

Andy

Last edited:
Call the Magnepan home office at (651) 426-1645 (with whatever country code prefixing you need to use to route the call to the USA), and ask them where to send your broken tweeter, to get a replacement.

Also see http://www.magnepan.com/contact .

Also note that this is now on their website:

"If you do not find the answer to your questions and need to call us, please be patient. For many years, we have had a reputation of excellent technical and consumer support. We regret to say that we are currently understaffed and are not able to live up to that reputation. A veteran employee that has been answering your inquiries for 35 years has retired and we are feeling the loss. However, we will do our best to help you."

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.