Has anyone tried black foam tape on stators?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I assembled my stat panels I used the white colored 3-M double-sided
foam tape rather than the black tape because I was afraid the black tape
might contain *carbon-black as the colorant and, if so, might be too
conductive. *Question: *Has anyone tried the black foam tape for assembling
stat panels?

Hey Guys...

The panels I have from the ESL exchange (few years back) use black foam tape with no problems whatsoever.

The adhesive itself separates it from the foam, and therefore the diaphragm and the stator, as I believe the actual adhesive on the surface of the foam is CLEAR.

Hope this helps
Cheers, Steve:cool:

Last edited:
The panels I have from the ESL exchange (few years back) use black foam tape with no problems whatsoever.

The adhesive itself separates it from the foam, and therefore the diaphragm and the stator, as I believe the actual adhesive on the surface of the foam is CLEAR.

Hope this helps
Cheers, Steve:cool:

Thanks for the info... that's the kind of stuff everyone needs to know!
Charlie

When I assembled my stat panels I used the white colored 3-M double-sided
foam tape rather than the black tape because I was afraid the black tape
might contain *carbon-black as the colorant and, if so, might be too
conductive. *Question: *Has anyone tried the black foam tape for assembling
stat panels?

Try looking for the 3M (Scotch) Super Heavy Duty double sided foam tape; the center material is a grey foam that is harder than the white foam stuff you are using.
The adhesive is also much stronger and will last at least 2x longer than the white foam tape.
There is also another 3M double sided tape that has a clear plastic center material that is the best - IMO; although don't know where to get that stuff anymore.
Probably from a commercial supplier for auto body shops as they use it to put back the factor emblems after doing a body panel repair.
Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.