digital Interface with high quality ADC to rip vinyl

Here you go.. ADC listed on their forum
AIO PRO vs BABYFACE PRO FS - ADC/DAC + HP AMP Comparison (Page 1) — HDSP(e) series — RME User Forum

I use their internal card RME HDSPe AIO in an HP t610 Plus Thinclient and powered by a linear supply. Running Debian server install and configuring with alsamixer.
I use arecord to rip a side at a time to a ramdisk then transfer over the network to my main PC for editing.
The Thinclient operation is administered from the main PC.

HDSPe AIO - RME Audio Interfaces | Format Converters | Preamps | Network Audio & MADI Solutions
HP Thin Client: t610 Plus
L-Adapter
How to Easily Create RAM Disk on Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, CentOS - LinuxBabe

Last edited:
appreciate very much your reply
thank you

Here you go.. ADC listed on their forum
AIO PRO vs BABYFACE PRO FS - ADC/DAC + HP AMP Comparison (Page 1) — HDSP(e) series — RME User Forum

I use their internal card RME HDSPe AIO in an HP t610 Plus Thinclient and powered by a linear supply. Running Debian server install and configuring with alsamixer.
I use arecord to rip a side at a time to a ramdisk then transfer over the network to my main PC for editing.
The Thinclient operation is administered from the main PC.

HDSPe AIO - RME Audio Interfaces | Format Converters | Preamps | Network Audio & MADI Solutions
HP Thin Client: t610 Plus
L-Adapter
How to Easily Create RAM Disk on Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, CentOS - LinuxBabe

@InspectorGadget

Because of the fire ??

Do you have a link to support that ? What ADC do ESS produce ??

Anyway... used items will still have the AKM chips and may be much cheaper than new releases...:)

Yes, because of the fire. they have already changed some of their other units to ESS. if there are still AKM versions available new, they won't be around for long. They have changed to ES9028q2m for DAC in their ADI-2 pro fs, so I would expect the rest to start falling in line with that. as for ESS ADCs, the flagships are currently ES9842PRO and ES9822PRO, which are 4 channel and 2 channel versions respectively of the same part/die. they are currently the highest performing ADCs available (even if AKM was still available, the ESS beats it handily in most all metrics, but the fire has forced their hand.)

Yes, because of the fire. they have already changed some of their other units to ESS. if there are still AKM versions available new, they won't be around for long. They have changed to ES9028q2m for DAC in their ADI-2 pro fs, so I would expect the rest to start falling in line with that. as for ESS ADCs, the flagships are currently ES9842PRO and ES9822PRO, which are 4 channel and 2 channel versions respectively of the same part/die. they are currently the highest performing ADCs available (even if AKM was still available, the ESS beats it handily in most all metrics, but the fire has forced their hand.)
Yesterday I did some records with ES9822Pro 32/384(the unit has the dynamic range AES17 126.4db(A)in stereo mode), and found that no magic there at all. Diana Krall LP sounds like her CD + noise and narrower stereo scene, that's it.

well, I personally know that magic detailed because I was involved in the Vynil vs CD competitions. Usually, the difference CD vs LP was
a) about the lack of the LP's frequency response, and
b) sometimes different compressor ratio, especially if the LP/CD are from 80th
The EQing CD to pretend LP is quite easy, however, if there was a dynamic processing difference, listeners-judges said - of course you can EQ the CD up to LP but the digital record still sounds deadly boring with less reverberations. So, I did add some additional compressor to the CD to mock LP as close as possible.
or this one
However, the record I posted yesterday has no EQ and no Compressor pass, probably because the LP from 2009 and AT3600 has quite Ok freq.response.