USB Sound Card Recpmmendation please

Greetings all,

I have been contemplating the DSP route and after some reading decided to get a Thin Client (HP t610/t620/t630), in lieu of RPi or dedicated DSP hardware.

I will thus also need a USB sound card. Could you please recommend a good one with at least 4 channels out?

Kindest regards,

M

Greetings all,

I have been contemplating the DSP route and after some reading decided to get a Thin Client (HP t610/t620/t630), in lieu of RPi or dedicated DSP hardware.

I will thus also need a USB sound card. Could you please recommend a good one with at least 4 channels out?

Kindest regards,

M

Keep in mind that low quality transports can impact the soundquality of your system.
I'd put such a Thin Client on that list.
And then I havn't seen very many top quality multichannel DACs. As you might have seen, 2-channel USB DACs greatly improved in recent years. I'm not that sure if
the multichannel fraction already followed.

All I am saying. You need to be very careful in going the DSP route. DSP won't solve underlying quality issues of your audio chain. You might not even able to figure out the issues associated to DSP because your audio chain simply masks them.

Been there, done it.
And I have been running a RME Fireface UCX btw.

Good luck.

Enjoy.