Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Equal-loudness-level contour with rePhase
Equal-loudness-level contour with rePhase
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th April 2021, 09:47 PM   #1
JdM12 is offline JdM12  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Default Equal-loudness-level contour with rePhase

See my web site for a linear-phase equalization freely based on ISO 226:2003 normal contours:

Equal-loudness-level contour

Best regards
Rob
Old 25th April 2021, 07:55 PM   #2
kaameelis is offline kaameelis  Estonia
diyAudio Member

For what SPL levele it is made?
Actually are existing lot of different equal loudness curves.
Some of them are relatively flat at 100 db SPL and probably every person had his own unique curve.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 25th April 2021, 10:03 PM   #3
JdM12 is offline JdM12  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Indeed, the sensitiveness to bass of the human ear varies with the volume.
The bass boost I show on the picture is suitable for most situations with a small sound system. But of course it is adjustable to individual listening preferences.

Most important is the compensation in the area of maximum hearing sensitiveness, between 1 and 5 kHz, which reduces stridencies.

My loudness eq was refined by listening with several types of speakers. I find it really benefits the small ones. On the other hand, such compensation does not seem necessary on my large main system.
Old 26th April 2021, 05:57 AM   #4
kaameelis is offline kaameelis  Estonia
diyAudio Member

If not counting higher than 3 kHz, this curve is close to suggested house curves.

To ISO 226:2003 Equal loudness Contours is added also remark:
It is important to note that equal loudness contours represent statistical averages. Moreover, they are the results of experiments using headphones or in a reflection-free environment, so the equivalent loudness level perceived in any other listening environment may vary.
  Reply to this post

Equal-loudness-level contour with rePhaseHide this!Advertise here!