Equal-loudness-level contour with rePhase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For what SPL levele it is made?
Actually are existing lot of different equal loudness curves.
Some of them are relatively flat at 100 db SPL and probably every person had his own unique curve.
Countours%2Bfor%2BBlog.gif

Indeed, the sensitiveness to bass of the human ear varies with the volume.
The bass boost I show on the picture is suitable for most situations with a small sound system. But of course it is adjustable to individual listening preferences.
rePhase_Loudness.png

Most important is the compensation in the area of maximum hearing sensitiveness, between 1 and 5 kHz, which reduces stridencies.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My loudness eq was refined by listening with several types of speakers. I find it really benefits the small ones. On the other hand, such compensation does not seem necessary on my large main system.

If not counting higher than 3 kHz, this curve is close to suggested house curves.

index.php

To ISO 226:2003 Equal loudness Contours is added also remark:
It is important to note that equal loudness contours represent statistical averages. Moreover, they are the results of experiments using headphones or in a reflection-free environment, so the equivalent loudness level perceived in any other listening environment may vary.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.