Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

SuperPlayer... The ugly hacked squeezelite samplerate auto switching machine
SuperPlayer... The ugly hacked squeezelite samplerate auto switching machine
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2020, 02:51 PM   #1
lykkedk is offline lykkedk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default SuperPlayer... The ugly hacked squeezelite samplerate auto switching machine

Hey all!

As i feel guilty filling Henrik's amazing CamillaDSP thread with my stuff i am opening this thread to use for this SuperPlayer i hacked and created "howto's" for.
When i did this hack, and decided to make auto sample rate switching possible for my squeezelite/camilladsp combo, i didn't throught it would be as of any interest... But i was wrong, there seem to be a lot of people out there using it, part of it or whatever, cool... I'am really glad to contribute.

Lykkedk (Jesper Lykke) * GitHub

I have three repositories, the original SuperPlayer and a SuperPlayer v2 for upgrading the SuperPlayer to newer versions of CamillaDSP.
Along with that i have a fork of squeezelite, with the hack i did in the [Master] branch

I AM NOT at all any guru into programming or Linux, but been using it on and off for many years i know my way around it a bit through
  • Also i am not allway's fast at reply's... so hoping everyone contribute here.

I hope this thread will be usefull, welcome!

Jesper.

Last edited by lykkedk; 13th October 2020 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Development
Old 11th October 2020, 04:52 PM   #2
pi r is offline pi r  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Great Jesper..!

/Pierre
Old 11th October 2020, 05:00 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

And to fill in with some real content from the discussion at Henrik's CamillaDSP-thread:

I suspect that the -v option for "Visualiser support" in squeezelite, has to do with providing data for the VU-meter in the Jivelite GUI. I vill try to check that.
Old 11th October 2020, 05:15 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks Pierre.

Jesper.
Old 11th October 2020, 10:11 PM   #5
wineds is offline wineds  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi r View Post
And to fill in with some real content from the discussion at Henrik's CamillaDSP-thread:

I suspect that the -v option for "Visualiser support" in squeezelite, has to do with providing data for the VU-meter in the Jivelite GUI. I vill try to check that.
Here is a version built with what you need. Just tested on DietPi but should also work on PCP. All I did was add -DVISEXPORT to the first line of the rpi makefile and built it.

Jesper, I hope you don't mind but I think you should note the source location in case someone wants to try and build it. Its working now with the latest Squeezelite build 1.9.7 1278.

viz : GitHub - ralph-irving/squeezelite: Lightweight headless squeezebox player for Logitech Media Server

Also attached is your Hacked_squeezelite.zip archive which contains the modified output_alsa.c and Makefile.rpi.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hacked_squeezelite.zip (74.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: zip squeezelite-custom.zip (67.7 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by wineds; 11th October 2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11th October 2020, 10:48 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

In case someone wants to setup their own build environment on DietPi :

```
Code:
git clone https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite.git]
if git is not installed : 
sudo apt-get install git
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
```

Last edited by wineds; 11th October 2020 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12th October 2020, 03:49 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

wineds;

Quote:
Jesper, I hope you don't mind but I think you should note the source location in case someone wants to try and build it. Its working now with the latest Squeezelite build 1.9.7 1278.
I will eventually "clone" the repos, as Henrik suggested some time ago, but as i wrote in Camilla thread i'am not there yet.
Or do you mean otherwise?

Good day.

Jesper.
Old 12th October 2020, 06:01 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

All good jesper!
Old 12th October 2020, 10:09 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Thanks wineds..!

I now have a Rpi setup for building, and just started to dive in to the code. Your example verified my guesses of where to put Jesper's code.

But I did cut the corner and tested your squeezelite.
Unfortunately - Nice try, but no cigar...

Your version also lacks support for the -v option, and can't be started by cPC.

Last edited by pi r; 12th October 2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12th October 2020, 10:22 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

@wineds..!

Now I'm confused. Your version of squeezelite is identical with Jesper's. Meaning same version no: v1.9.7-1218. I had expected 1.9.7-1278..?

SuperPlayer... The ugly hacked squeezelite samplerate auto switching machineHide this!Advertise here!