Embarked amplifier + DSP + BT + WIFI for prototyping and more

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm very grateful of the support I received on this forum.
I've been able to release my first working prototype of an active parabolic speaker for home (check https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/planars-and-exotics/352353-project-parabolic-speaker-7.html ).

Now that I have secured the help of a designer to make it nicer in the living room, I try to secure the next steps: a second prototype and getting ready for a small serie (1000 units).

For the second prototype, I want to find the simplest way to embark in my speaker:
- amplification
- DSP (that I will configure at build time, not for customer)
- BT 5/WIFI (DLNA, Airplay) as source
- USB (charging and source)

I turn toward PC-based as I feel it will allow me to control better the software auto-updates.

What would you recommend me to explore?

cheers,

JLo

Some photos of what your doing or have made would be nice to see. I did read the post you had a link to. I got lost and honestly, bored and could not finish the read
What are you trying to accomplish here or are you asking for some more help on this, or financial backing. Or some other type of help in some other way to get this up and going. Sorry I don’t mean to sound like a snob or a lazy bum here , but just wanna understand

Sure no problem, what I'm trying to achieve is described briefly on ParaBold - Il y a du son dans l'air
It's a home speaker that should be as connected as possible.
So the electronic should allow
wifi (DLNA, airplay)
BT (phone input)
line in
line out (headset)
mic in (hand free audio conferences)

Out of my research, I could find multiple solutions that may fit to my project but wanted some directions on what could make my life simple for 1) prototyping, 2) Industrializing:

Standalone
WiFi & Bluetooth 5.0 Amp Board|DIY Amplifier Kit-Arylic.com
– arylic

In raspberry eco-system:
MIC+ apsberry PI DAC + SPEAKER onboard + Microphone for voice assistant — Raspiaudio

Beocreate 4 channel amplifier | HiFiBerry

I suspect all of that is ok for prototyping but may not scale, what do you think?

Feel free to ask more question, I'm an IT engineer but I'm rather new to the field of electronics and audio eco-system.

cheers !

Ok, I went for a Raspberry PI4B with a Raspiaudio MIC+ hat.
I started it up with AIY Google assistant distro.
I added Gmedia renderer to stream music from my NAS.
At this point I was ready to implement voice actions to play music from my NAS and here I realize that Synology NAS doesn't handle UPNP server side search.

Do you know any headless service that could run on the raspberry that would collect information from UPNP server (exposing "browse" service) and build a local library database that I can then query to search for a specific song, artist, etc. located anywhere in my UPNP servers?

cheers,

JLo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.