Archphile - An Archlinux Based Audiophile Distribution for Raspberry Pi and Udoo Quad

Hi again. I am testing Archphile with mympd and overall I really like how it sounds! I am trying the Software mixer to control the volume. Is there any way to change the steps when pressing the + or - buttons to 1% instead of the default 5% value? so it becomes much more precise. Thank you!!

Default Setting Archphile for allo Katana DAC?
I am using Archphile on Allo Boss. I really like Archphile. I upgraded the Boss dac to Katana DAC. Installing Archphile for Katana in config is ok but works without sound. Did Katana lack the driver on archphile? Could you support me installing Katana? Thanks

Default Setting Archphile for allo Katana DAC?
I am using Archphile on Allo Boss. I really like Archphile. I upgraded the Boss dac to Katana DAC. Installing Archphile for Katana in config is ok but works without sound. Did Katana lack the driver on archphile? Could you support me installing Katana? Thanks

Katana+Archphile has worked well.
Edit volume in Alsamixer then restart MPD and archphile--optimize.
Thanks Mike

One of the first commands that archphile-optimize command runs is:

Code:
/usr/bin/unmute
this command does the following:

packages/unmute at master * archphile/packages * GitHub

In summary if you want to keep some custom alsamixer settings you might want to disable /usr/bin/unmute from archphile-optimize.

Edit:

One of the major issues with regards to the support of various i2s dacs, was that I did not own the majority of them. Apart from collybia (mamboberry), iqaudio and justboom who donated me their devices in order to support them, most of the others completely ignored Archphile since day one. My only option would be to buy as many as I could, but this was something I could not afford either, keeping in mind that user donations were always very rare.

Last edited:
Allo Piano drivres

Hi tuxx,

Do you know how to make this work with an Allo Piano 2.1?

I have been using RuneAudio which is built on ArchLinux too, however I need something more easily configurable (via SSH) and that I can update regularly.

If you know how to compile and load the Allo driver modules it would be great.

Thanks,
gm

hi gattu marrudu,

it seems you need a device overlay.
you might want to read the documentation here:

firmware/README at master * raspberrypi/firmware * GitHub

and here: this is the the description of the module you need to add

firmware/README at master * raspberrypi/firmware * GitHub

please keep in mind that there are 2 possible modules, one for the piano dac and one for the dac plus. they are also describing a software bug in the piano that stops the subwoofer channel from working in the piano

Last edited: