Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th March 2021, 10:35 AM   #4321
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

SFN8522 should be based on SFC9000 chip GitHub - majek/openonload: git import of openonload.org https://gist.github.com/majek/ae188ae72e63470652c9 , the support should be in linux for many years [PATCH 09/12] sfc: Add support for SFC9000 family (1) . IIUC the very-low latency requires some special user-space software which definitely is not part of daphile.

Looking at logs/dmesg would help (e.g. Solved: Re: SolarFlare TX stuck with port_enabled=1: reset... - Community Forums ) but daphile is the least suitable system to troubleshoot hardware with.

On the other hand the question is why you need such a specialty device.
Old 20th March 2021, 11:18 AM   #4322
Marcel65 is offline Marcel65  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

thanks!

I am using SFP's to 'decouple' the audio part of the network from the rest and this is a way to get rid of one more step in between, all for SQ.
Old 20th March 2021, 12:09 PM   #4323
Lionel is offline Lionel  France
diyAudio Member

Dell Dual Port SolarFlare 8522 10Gb SFP'+' Adapter Low Profile, Customer Install | Dell Hong Kong
Quote:
Dell Dual Port SolarFlare 8522 10Gb SFP+

System Requirements
Linux, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Ubuntu 14.10, Debian Linux 7.x, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 12, Debian Linux 8.x
Seems to me that this adapter family is working with pretty old linux kernels... Since a long time.
Old 20th March 2021, 01:08 PM   #4324
Marcel65 is offline Marcel65  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

and it works :-)
I suspect a simple user error was in play....After I swapped the A- and B fiber it came on instantly.
Thanks for the support!
Old 24th March 2021, 08:07 PM   #4325
thyristor44 is offline thyristor44
diyAudio Member

Default Remote control for Daphile User interface

Hello
I need a remote control for Daphile running internal user interface.
I have tried 2.4ghz remote controls about two years ago, they were very good to use but the keys did not last very long. There is a new shaped one: eBay item number:265098203723 and I wondered if anyone had success with them like key life.
Or is there another way to get a remote control working, IR or 2.4GHZ.
Help appreciated
Thanks
thyristor44
Old 31st March 2021, 07:39 PM   #4326
berman002 is offline berman002  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Default Holo Spring2 with Daphile only work with DSD

Hi guys, i am new to CAS and I got a spring2 DAC and i can't get Daphile to work with native without conversion, it only has sound if i convert PCM to DSD.
I only use Tidal with Daphile for now. if i use native, spring 2 will show the correct bitrate as 44.1 and no sound. any ideal?
thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 06:34 PM   #4327
Flikoman is offline Flikoman  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Does anyone know how to integrate Tidal to Daphile? I saw there is a Tidal app and everyone is mentioning ickstream.

There is a lot of talk in about 100 pages, but there isn't anywhere in one place, short guide or something.

Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 07:08 PM   #4328
Triplefun is offline Triplefun  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Re tidal install see the end of this shirt thread ...

How to Play Tidal on Innuos? | What's Best Audio and Video Forum. The Best High End Audio Forum on the planet!
Old 16th April 2021, 05:31 AM   #4329
landiepete is offline landiepete  Belgium
diyAudio Member

We really need to start a list of compatible network adapters somewhere. I've had nothing but bad luck. I have a very varied collection of all manner of adapters old and new, and it seems none of the more modern stuff works. Even the ubiquitous Intel Wifi found on many mobos is a nono.
WiFi 6 is now everywhere. Daphile hasn't even reached a proper 5.

It's always a complete faff building and installing a Daphile PC only to find out it won't connect to the WiFi.

Pete
Old 16th April 2021, 08:38 AM   #4330
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It's always a complete faff building and installing a Daphile PC only to find out it won't connect to the WiFi.
Daphile, as do most Linux distros, supplies an image able to be booted from USB and allows testing of hardware before installing. Not sure why you install before testing :-) ??

Quote:
We really need to start a list of compatible network adapters somewhere
A search of 'Daphile WiFi adapters DIY-audio forums' should turn up several posts. Several of which I have contributed to (see page 332). Please add any hardware you find successful or not :-).

Quote:
WiFi 6 is now everywhere. Daphile hasn't even reached a proper 5
Hardware included in the Linux Kernel is beyond Daphile's control surely ?

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!