Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd January 2021, 06:20 PM   #4191
Crunch1234 is offline Crunch1234
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
In some cases I had to disable IPv6 support in linux ntb wifi settings to connect to networks which offered both IPv4 and IPv6. Perhaps this could be the same reason - the new router is likely supporting both IP versions.
I have no idea how to get into a terminal to begin even, it just hangs up on that connecting stage. Also, I do have an ethernet cable (plugged into a usb adapter) that ubuntu picks up, no need to even go to Wifi. (Though that doesn't work either, same screen)
Old 23rd January 2021, 06:59 PM   #4192
Marcel65 is offline Marcel65  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

for me this last version is a winner now it works, somehow CPU temps seem lower and my system does not freeze every couple of hours anymore
Old 24th January 2021, 03:47 PM   #4193
Bonzo74 is offline Bonzo74
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimandan View Post
Have you checked your streaming settings in tidal settings actually in Daphile?
You can set your account type in there I think, or set the max bit rate you want to use, my Meridian explorer2 dac works with Tidal MQA via Daphile
Hi, sorry but I don't understand where and what I have to check.

Do you mean that inside the Tidal app, inside Daphile I can chose the account type and the max streaming bitrate?

Thank you
Old 24th January 2021, 04:02 PM   #4194
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

I'm using Daphile and I'm satisfied, but yesterday I have found a strange behavior.
On my NAS I had an MP3 version of an album that I replace with the same album on FLAC format.
When I started the Daphile PC, Daphile show me correctly the FLAC version that I can play, but show me also the MP3 album version.
When I go inside a song of the MP3 version I can't see, obviously, the sampling rate and I can't play the song.
When Daphile starts check the song/album database for new added files, but I have the doubt that in order to eliminate the MP3 album version I need to tell Daphile to rescan all the library and not only changes.
Obviously this is boring if the library is big.

Someone has encountered the same problem?

Many thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 04:15 PM   #4195
Sangram is offline Sangram  India
diyAudio Moderator

Typically you would rescan everything if you removed files, and scan for changes if you only added files. This is part of the core LMS logic.
Old 24th January 2021, 04:21 PM   #4196
diyAudio Member

So my doubt was legitimate!

Now I try to rescan.

Thank you
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM   #4197
chfaure is offline chfaure  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch1234 View Post
I have no idea how to get into a terminal to begin even, it just hangs up on that connecting stage. Also, I do have an ethernet cable (plugged into a usb adapter) that ubuntu picks up, no need to even go to Wifi. (Though that doesn't work either, same screen)
Are you connected using cable or with wifi ?
If it is using WiFi, try with cable...
It it was with cable, does your subnet changed ? (i.e 192.168.1.xxx to 10.10.z.z) and used fix address instead of dhcp this can explain why you cannot have any internet connection.

Normally when you boot in linux you should have console using function key.. and then try to change values to get dhcp working.(you should be able to connect with same user/password as ssh connection)
  Reply to this post

Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OSHide this!Advertise here!