playing differnt sample rates in Reaper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok so im up at work at the moment, and Im just trying this on my laptop...

Im looking at using this in my setup at home as a crossover/player/dsp. Ive got Foobar connected to Reaper via Rearoute. Then outputting from Reaper via Direct Sound and built in sound card. It all works good and as expected, until I tried to play a 24/96 file, then Foobar threw up a warning about the device not supporting that sample rate. Ive figured out if I change the sample rate in Reapers audio device settings tab, then it will play that file. But then I have to change it back to 44100 to play wav/mp3's again.

So im wondering if this issue is caused by reaper (and i need to look at other options) or the laptops soundcard? (and wont be a problem on my audigy 2 and home)

Last edited:
I think the solution to my problem is to set the sound card and reaper to run at 192000 and then upconvert the sample rate in foobar. Im sure there would be a plugin to do it, just havnt looked yet. I know jriver media player does it.

Or it it better to use the original sample rate?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.