Power supply for Pearl phono

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Matt,

I built the Pearl almost two years ago. Since it was my first real DIY project, I built it exactly as Wayne described it in the article. The Pearl is a fine-sounding phono stage without any mods. I don't think you'll be disappointed building it "stock".

If I were doing it over, I might try using soft-recovery diodes for AC recification and some film bypass caps for the PS electros, just because...

Ren

It's the same for me. Two metal chasses one on the other,but no problems. The sound ir really natural.
Ciao

Attachments

• impianto piccola.jpg
    impianto piccola.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 425
mattjk said:
Help me build a powersupply!

I want build an excellent powersupply for the pearl I'm building, but would appreciate some tips, or post about your custom powersupply.

Thanks,
Matt

I also am very happy with my Pearl. It has a dual 30v, 50 watt Plitron transformer, schottky bridges, 10K ufd caps, and a pair of 4 mH 2 amp chokes.
This is external from the main phono board. I really think that is better than one boxing the unit. A power transformer can really radiate a field even through a metal housing.
The current draw on the Pearl is very small, 50 ma or so per channel. I really like chokes in the power supplies of class A circuits.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.