Korg Nutube B1 Noise Coming Through Speaker

First off I am technically very ignorant so please bear with me. I just purchased an already built Korg Nutube B1 and have it paired with a First Watt F6 and my source is a dvd transport and solid state dac. I have a rapid sounding pop pop pop or click click click sound coming from the mid woofer on my two-way speakers (they are fairly inefficient speakers) when the Nutube is turned on. I have switched interconnects, switched to dvd transport only (eliminating dac) and I have taken the Nutube out of the circuit and the sound goes away.

I opened the preamp and there is no sign of burns or anything on the circuit board and all connections seem solid. Can I take this to an audio tech or is the circuit too esoteric and is there anything I can look for that would determine anything? Thanks for your help.

Maybe.
Cellphones are also great interference makers.

But I also suspect motorboating, either from poor supply, poor grounding, or a combination of the two.

Please post a picture of your setup, also record noise and upload it to YT, Spotify, etc. so we can hear it.

How/where are you placing and connecting those elements?
Where does power come from?

Thanks for the responses. Jonsnell Electronic, I am in Seattle and I appreciate the schematic but that is like me reading Japanese. Also, thank you for the offer to look at it - I may just fly over with it so I can have a proper Guinness!
SKAFAN, that is interesting as I do have a TV on the top of the stand everything is on. I don't have it turned on when the system is but maybe I should just try taking it off the stand completely?
JMFahey, I will look up motorboating. I will try to record some video later today and take a picture. Everything is plugged into a Belken power strip. Now that I went and looked at the Belken I am wondering if I should not have my wifi router plugged into it alongside my audio gear?

Also, the builder of the unit said that it could be a bad power supply (walwart) and to try and new one and he wants me to check the all the voltages (I would probably have a tech do that).

Joined 2020
Paid Member
I'll be curious if a new supply does anything. I am also having a noise issue that might be similar, kind of a quiet fluttering on both channels. Mine is also connected to an F6 that I built which was a nice combination while it worked. I built the B1 myself and worked great for over a year. Looked closely at all solder joints and seem to be good. All test points totally in spec. Would hate to shell out $50 for a new newtube.

Sheldonsm, I’m out of town right now but before I left I switched my whole setup to another circuit on a neighboring wall and that took away the sound so I think I had a ground loop issue. There is still a very, very faint buzz (have to put your ear up to driver when no sound playing) so I’ll try my new power supply when I’m back and I’ll let you know.

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Wow. That might be it. This has been driving me crazy. Take it downstairs to other system and works fine. Just happened to place it up on top of my amp this time and not making the noise. Of course a router is below where it has been and now no noise being 6 inches further away. Curious if anyone can speak to what in the preamp would actually be picking the sounds up from the router? Is it the nutube itself?

First off I am technically very ignorant so please bear with me. I just purchased an already built Korg Nutube B1 and have it paired with a First Watt F6 and my source is a dvd transport and solid state dac. I have a rapid sounding pop pop pop or click click click sound coming from the mid woofer on my two-way speakers (they are fairly inefficient speakers) when the Nutube is turned on. I have switched interconnects, switched to dvd transport only (eliminating dac) and I have taken the Nutube out of the circuit and the sound goes away.

I opened the preamp and there is no sign of burns or anything on the circuit board and all connections seem solid. Can I take this to an audio tech or is the circuit too esoteric and is there anything I can look for that would determine anything? Thanks for your help.
Hi! Did you solve the problem? At this moment, I have exactly the same issue with my newly assembled Nutube preamp that you described. A “popping” in both speakers. My preamp is hooked up to a pair of Pass Alep 3 (DIY) mono blocks.