Next pass amp build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Now is the perfect time to order a Mega328 component tester & RLC meter from eBay. The sooner you order it, the sooner you'll be able to use it to double check components as you're stuffing them into your VFET PCBs. "Wrong resistor" problems banished forever.

link to photos see post #1972 of M2x thread . . . . . more photos #1973

example listing

Beware, many sellers offer the PCB separately from the acrylic case or "shell" ; be sure you're ordering BOTH the PCB AND the shell.

Now is also a good time to replenish your supplies of soldering materials. Wire solder, flux, desoldering braid, replacement tips, sponges, tip activator ("tip tinner"), Soldapullt pump, and so on.

What The What....More Really Cool Stuff

I am still "Begging for Forgiveness" for buying a "FSP Ultra Phono PreAmp".

Not telling your Social Director and Money Man aka. Wife before hand can have dire consequences. I had to go to Her Cousins Wedding.

I will have to do some serious planning for this..........:cool:

his true identity is finally uncovered

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 321
from a post in the other thread on this:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/362836-amp-recommendation-solicitation-4.html#post6414393

"Yes. Given the price and scarcity of the Sony VFETs, I am mounting the
output transistors and enough parts to protect them and allow a
functional test.

This kit is designed to be friendly to newbies as well as you sophisticates,
and this way there will be fewer tears.

Don't worry, there are parts to add, and you can still pick your own
caps. It's powered by a desktop supply and I designed a nice little
filter to take the noise out.

There will be options for five, count 'em, five front end designs,
one of which is my M2 input stage, and the others are Mark Johnson's."

I'm in the same boat. I just built a couple of ACAs and decided on the F4 as my next project. I've been in love with a 3W singled-ended KT88 based cathode follower amp for almost 10 years. It will interesting to see what a good SS current drive amp sounds like.

Parts ordered. What could possibly go wrong?!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.