Ebay F4 F5 F6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The chassis is $60 and the shipping is $142 CRAZY! I think it is definitely time to gather together and ask the folks at hifi 2000 to make monoblock chassis available through the diyaudio store.

Seems that shipping cost is location dependent. To Malaysia (here) its $35.33 with standard shipping, DHL is $86.

What I did before this was if the combined shipping is expensive I would just buy the same item twice. Sometimes shipping them separately is cheaper.

Attachments

• shipping.JPG
    shipping.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 508
Like I said in my first post in bored to hell with this virus things and sitting at home for the last 2 months.
Yes he did I forgot to mention that but you can see clearly the PASS name on the boards of the F5 and from the preamp.
Again just bored and nothing to do.

FWIW I had been in touch with Joe prior to this thread starting and I readily accept that the designers/manufacturers name should never be used without their express permission.
That said its clear from my lengthy correspondence with Joe, he is an "old school" decent person and his apology earlier in this thread would have been sincere, I could never envisage him setting out to deceive anyone.

Mr. Pass is too nice.

As to this individual's behavior, it is called Trade Mark/IP violation. In general, an individual can try to replicate a commercial design for their own personal use, but cannot produce such a product for any commercial use or benefit, including an eBay sale. That is a breach of Mr. Pass's rights. In addition, such activity clearly violates the intent and generosity of Mr. Pass's providing designs to the DIY sector, and this forum in particular.

Finally, regardless of the individual's intent, or his knowlege (or lack there of) of TM/IP rights or law, it is a pretty classless act. Ultimatley such activity costs Nelson financially, as he has to pay for attorneys to monitor the marketplace and enforce his rights.

As friends and beneficiaries of Nelson's good will and his generous sharing philosophy, I would urge members of this forum to continue to lend a hand in the monitoring of the marketplace for such violations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.