One ACA or two for Klipsch RP600Ms?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the replies.
It seems that parallel unbalanced is the way to go with these amps.
Going by the comments its the only (potentially problem free) way to run these Klipsch speakers with two of these amps.

Bit of a catch 22 really, because the true balanced inputs are one of the reasons I liked the Denafrips dac in the first place.

I don't want to compromise what I already have just to fit these amps in the line, so I guess I will need to start looking at other amp options. Shame because I would have enjoyed the build.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This really looks like a job for a pair of ACAs run in parallel mode. There is a good explanation for how to connect your amps this way in the ACA 1.6 build guide

Link? It is a long thread.

I have 6 channels of ACA, i have started exploring turning 2 channels into current mode amps, but it would be nice to have the option of parallel as well as bridged (and as 4 channels) for the other 4 channels.
dave

I don't want to compromise what I already have just to fit these amps in the line, so I guess I will need to start looking at other amp options. Shame because I would have enjoyed the build.

Either look for another amp or tame the impedance curve of your speakers.

There are many other amps out there, and I am sure there are a few that fit your needs. What exactly are you looking for? Balanced inputs and strong enough for your speakers -- what else?

P.S.: the Neurochrome Modulus 286 kit is on sale...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.