Boz input distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone. I made a BOZ preamplifier. I am very satisfied with the performance, but it has a small problem, at least I hope it is small, ie that the input signal goes into distortion when it is high level.
Looking here and there on the net I found a forum where even another owner of Boz had the same problem. He solved it by setting a bias current to around 0.3A, in this way symmetrical clipping occurs, measuring with the oscilloscope, and the input signal was no longer distorted.
I don't have an oscilloscope, so "by eye" I set a voltage on the Irf610 of 3V, instead of 4V as the project foresees (with 3V the current should approach about 0.3A, instead of the original 0.4A). The distortion has decreased a lot, but unfortunately there are still some impulsive peaks that go into distortion.
The Dac has a fairly strong output, while with old sources with low output there is no distortion.
If I put an input potentiometer (obviously eliminating the resistance R107) we create a mass noise (like 50hz of the network) that I can't eliminate with various mass tests, moreover we could create an audio band limitation since there is a 1uf capacitor in input.
I kindly ask you for a suggestion on how to eliminate the bias in input to Boz.
Tank, Giovanni!

Now I have ~ 3.5V . It give me the best sinusoide on oscilloscope. Second image when I had 4.1v

Attachments

• IMG_20180420_213133447_2.jpg
    IMG_20180420_213133447_2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20180420_211512185.jpg
    IMG_20180420_211512185.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 135
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.