F4 amplifier into 12 ohm load...observations..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The scenario is this: Factory built F4 that drove a pair of Spatial Audio's M4 with a 4 ohm impedance, either full range or from 80-100 hz up if subwoofer used.
Sound- well, spectacular.
Now I have the same speakers but the Triode Master model. Impedance is 12 ohms and xovr has better quality parts. Output is dipolar full range though they have a back firing tweeter.
So, I guess the F4 will output less power with the higher impedance, is this correct? Anyway, sound-"more spectacular".
Soundstage is broader from side to side and from front to back. I am also certain the F4 does not get as hot and it sounds more "effortlessly" and smoother.

This Triode Master option was developed mainly for set amplifiers which prefer a higher input inpedance load, but it is obvious to me that a SS amplifier is benefited by this, at least my F4, though it is not a "normal" amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.