Analog Crossover Network with volume and input selector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While searching for best crossover solution for my planned WAW build
I found Nelson Pass's crossover board in store, which seems to be perfect candidate for this task. (I also didn't resisted and ordered F6 board).

I don't think I need more gain with my sources (DAC and valve phono), so idea is to build just the crossover with volume control and input selector.

For volume and input control I'm about to order arduino controlled relay based pcb's from amb. They should stay out of signal path and will have separated power supply.

Do I understand correctly, that no additional buffer (or pre) is needed for my use-case?

Is it good idea to mix this in one enclosure with separated power supply?

And is there any recommended internal power supply for ACN which can be located in chassis?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
chime in xover thread and ask your question there

though , adding selector and volume pot in front of practically anything is trivial thing .. in this case especially , where I believe Papa's xover is having input buffer(s) , so no need for additional one after volume pot

I could answer more precisely , if you put a link to exact Papaxover , you have on mind ..... several of them around lately ......

PASSWORKS AXO - seperated supply

Hello LUKYK,
I have built the PASSWORKS AXO with a simple 7824 regulator supply in a seperated case. I was also thinking about the LM317 to make the Voltage adjustable. I put the AXO in the MODUSHOP case and the PSU in a seperated case. I can send you some pics later.

You know - Christmas: family first

Greets Dirk

Hi Dirk,

thank you for your input. I also plan to use modushop case.

I hope, that powersupply in the same case won't cause problems. I have dual regulator psu in the same case with my valve phono and it's working decently.

And of course, family first at these times;-)

PASSWORKS AXO custom - PSU

Hello LUKYK,

I did the AXO with the official MODUSHOP - case and a seperated PSU. But I think there will be no problem to put it into one single case. Perhaps divide the inner of the case into two areas? Shielding the AXO - board from the PSU wouldn't be bad?

I add a pic.

Greets Dirk

Attachments

• PASS AXO and PSU back.jpg
    PASS AXO and PSU back.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 94
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.