So I bought myself the important parts of an Aleph J... How to source the rest?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A couple of days ago I got an email stating that the Aleph J transistor kit was available once more. So I ordered the kit, the boards, the other transistors needed (something LSJ74-ish?), a kit of Keratherm and a psu board.

I'm planning on creating a separate box for the powertransformer, so I can experiment in the future with different types of poweramps, using the same powersource.

When it comes to chassis, I can order straight from Italy, no prb and no prb to drill and tap the holes in the heatsinks.

Now my main question; I live in the Netherlands, does anyone know a good supplier for the generic parts needed for this build?

Thanks for thinking along guys, I'll keep you posted on the build.

Dan.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Source for electronic components in EU

Hi Dan,

a good and reliable parts supplier is Reichelt:

Elektronik und Technik bei reichelt elektronik gnstig bestellen

They are actually not far from the Netherlands, in Northern Germany ... ;)

Reichelt is my first choice for components during the last 6-7 years already. Solid industrial standard stuff at very good prices. Have been very satisfied with them. I always look there first - if Reichelt has them, parts are usually less expensive than at Mouser, and no minimum 50 EUR order to get decently low shipping cost ...

Have fun with your build,
best regards,
Claas

You have to be careful with Reichelt.
Unless they explicitly state who the manufacturer is, it might be the same part number but from a different source.
e.g. TL431 is not necessary from TI, or 2N3055 is not necessarily from On Semi.

My first choice sources are still Mouser and Digikey.
You know exactly what you get and how much you pay.
They arrive from the States quicker than you can imagine.

Cheers,
Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.