Denon DL-110: MM or MC with (X)Ono?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As Denon DL-110 is a high output MC cartridge (MM compatible), how would you connect it to the Ono phono stage? I figured that since using only MM would mean less component, thus would be better sonically.

Could anybody share some light? Of course as a plus, using less component means better for my DIY budget...

Last edited:
The MM input will have the right gain and a 47K load, which is around what you want. Most MC phono have a 100ohm or so input which is far too low.

Unless you have a very low gain system or a passive preamp the MM version is the best option. I have used the denon 110 with a 40db MM phonostage. Works fine.

Like Mr.Nelson has explain, this type of Denon head is quite complicate to connect. If you decide to go on MM module input (47K Ohm/45pF), you got about correct output in voltage, but on the input MM module Denon MC need 10x head output impedance which is declare, that mean 160 Ohm x 10 = 1K6 Ohm. Ideal are modules, where you can decide input impedance with code switch. In your case I will put 1K5 Ohm in paralel with standard 47K Ohm on MM input. Then you will get really live music from Denon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.