Ono Phono:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Anyone still have the schematic? (Pass Ono )The stripped down MM only version is fine. All the old links I am finding are broken....still searching. Peal 2 is fine for my MC purposes, just interested in MM so many were building several years ago.

Thanks for any working links

Russellc

Me Wrong...again!!;)

Anyone know whose boards these are?

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    867.3 KB · Views: 793
  • IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 769
@ rsbay

Many thanks...a mystery solved. :)

I cannot understand why your name was removed...it seems so petty. I bought this from a DIY guy for very little money, it works but is a little distorted in one channel. I will take the boards out and check them and then put the PS and the amps in different boxes.

@ Russell,

Apologies for taking up so much space on your thread...:eek:

wow, that's pretty bad/sad ...

mlloyd1

These boards are the first Ono I made. See my homepage at DIY Audio Projects. I gave the boards to a DIYer who asked for it. They are unique, I build them only once.

My names was deleted from the boards after PCB Design by ...

It is allways the same with a lot of guys in the world and the reason why I no longer share my knowledge.

Ralph

Last edited:
Pass Xono is a first rate phono stage , but production units are not the same as published schematic. Some components are tuned at the bottom of PCB-s.
Its designer had no will to tell the whole truth. How did they got published test voltages with BL group J-Fets as they said to use? Impossible!All the cloners use the lowest Idss J-Fets for 70db gain. People at Pass Labs were not delighted with widespread open cloning and even making profit of it.
I tried Jung super regulators, but the best results are with cheap 7815/7915 regulators with voltage dividers for 30V , as in manufactured units. In spite of 4 electrolytic in the audio signal path, low level details are outstanding.
High working voltage and active RIAA eq. give high overload margin for low level clicks and surface noise.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
@ rsbay

Many thanks...a mystery solved. :)

I cannot understand why your name was removed...it seems so petty. I bought this from a DIY guy for very little money, it works but is a little distorted in one channel. I will take the boards out and check them and then put the PS and the amps in different boxes.

@ Russell,

Apologies for taking up so much space on your thread...:eek:

No need, enjoy the read and info....continue!

Russellc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.