Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Dual supply B1 Buffer
Dual supply B1 Buffer
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th January 2014, 10:58 AM   #1
andreaemme is offline andreaemme  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default Dual supply B1 Buffer

Hello, I have a question for you. I want to substitute with a B1 Buffer the OP line preamp stage of my integrated amplifier (a MArantz PM78), inside of which there is two rails of supply, a dual regulated +-15volts and a single non-regulated +24volts. So, the question is:

- is it better to use the classic version of B1 using supplied with the single non-regulated rail of +24V? or..
- is it better to use the dual supply symmetric version of B1 (DCB1, without the coupling caps, about which I've just readed some articles) with the dual rail of +-15V?

I would prefer the second option (considering also that the input stage of my integrated amplifier power section is however provided of one coupling cap so I wouldn't have any offset problems) but in this case I'd have two more questions:

- may a total of 30V of supplying damage Jfets;
- can I use smaller filtering caps than 2x15.000 uF, since I use regulated voltage and is difficult to find enough space inside the amplifier?

Thank you very much, great project Mr Pass and great forum!
  Reply to this post

Dual supply B1 BufferHide this!Advertise here!