4 pass amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey gang,

If you were going to build a pair of Orion 3.4 speakers and wanted to build four dedicated Pass amps for these speakers...

Which ones would you build?

Would they all be the same?

The linkwitz site indicates that each needs to be 40W/Channel. They provide the crossover boards.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.:note:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The BA-3 gain stage is the push-pull N/P channel pair. The BA-2 gain stage is a differential pair. The -3 has no feedback. the -2 has some.

There is no right or wrong answer, it's merely favorite color and flavor. :)

Since you are building so many amps, you could always try both and see if one is more suitable to a particular position than the other.

yes...when think about building four amps I am a little bit intimidated to be honest about it. With the speakers and crossover, then four amps, this becomes a VERY long project.

Trying not to lose sight on why I am doing this. But I bet it would be a most capable system if I take the plunge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.